Featured post

Get To Know Singapore Better

     Hello peeps, I recently visited Singapore with my family. It is such a lovely place, but there are many things about Singapore that ...

Wednesday 2 March 2016

Be A Traveller, Not A Tourist

   
                       

             There is no right point of view or wrong point of view, there is just your point of view and my point of view. & according to my point of view a tourist's life is much better than a traveller's life (in money wise terms), but still I urge to be a traveller.

           A tourist goes to a destination for leisure, whereas a traveller goes to a destination for exploring.

           I became fond of travelling from a very young age. Trips with family in every holiday made me fond of travelling. I remember how we would go to all these lovely places during our holidays. We would go in our own car and stay at all these luxury hotels and eat all tasty food. It was all good and we had lots of fun. But I realised it was all because all the money was spent by my parents. I and my brother were just having fun.
    
          Travelling needs money. If someone else is spending that money travelling becomes fun. But when you have to spend the money you think twice before spending the money. Now I really love travelling, but here's the real deal. When you grow up you enter this world of competition where you have to compete with yourself to get a good job and earn a good living.
     
         Since I've grown up I've started travelling less. The reason, obviously money. When I was a kid my parents would take us on holidays, but now if I want to go somewhere I need to spend my own money & damn that's hard.
    
         This is when I realised the difference between a tourist and a traveller. A tourist gets a nice accommodation, but a traveller is ready to live in a tent or even couchsurf. A tourist eats tasty delicious food, a traveller sometimes eats street food or sometimes cooks his/her own food. A tourist travels in luxury, a traveller doesn't. Basically, a tourist spends money whereas a traveller saves money.
   
        But is it all just about the money? No, absolutely not. It is about the reason of travelling. Being a kid I was a tourist. I would go on holidays for leisure, to get away from the daily routine, to relax and have fun. But now I want to travel to explore new places, meet new people and eat local food. It isn't about spending or saving the money. It is all about exploring new places, meeting new people and spending time with the locals and not yourself.
    
        The real fun of travelling doesn't lie in going to different places, it lies in understanding the culture of different places. When a tourist goes somewhere, he/she just breaks contact with the world and spends more time with his/her self. But a traveller will make much contact with the people and understands the culture of that place & this is the best thing ever. Going as a tourist will give you a break from your busy life but going as a tourist will give you memories for life & life is all about making memories.

      So be a traveller, not a tourist.

No comments:

Post a Comment