Featured post

Get To Know Singapore Better

     Hello peeps, I recently visited Singapore with my family. It is such a lovely place, but there are many things about Singapore that ...

Monday 6 June 2016

And Our Plane Got Stuck In A Turbulence | A Trip To Himachal | Part 1

        In my last blog I had written about our last minute trip plans. So the packing was done and we were all set to leave the next day. Our flight was from Mumbai. We left for Mumbai in the morning at 9. We took a halt at the food mall, otherwise it was a nonstop journey from Pune-Mumbai. We reached the airport in time. After all the check in procedure we ate some sandwiches as we weren't too hungry. Our flight was at 3pm. So we were waiting in the lobby watching the other flights take off. At around 2:45pm I asked when was the boarding going to start, they said the flight has been delayed at it will take a while. The boarding then started at around 3:15pm. As half of the passengers boarded the plane the authorities said there was some problem & that we all will have to board another plane. Then the buses came and took us to the other plane. 

MUMBAI AIRPORT (CSI)
WAITING FOR OUR PLANE
          We all got in and made ourselves comfortable & the plane was ready to take off. The pilot announced that due to some technical errors the flight is delayed and the time will be covered up in the air. 'OK', I thought for myself, 'we will reach in time that means'. As the plane geared up for a take off I got goosebumps. I was sitting in a plane after five years after all. The first hour was smooth enough. We were even served with snacks. Then, after almost an hour of take off, the pilot announced that the weather in Delhi is bad & the airport officials haven't given a landing slot to any of the planes landing in Delhi, so we will have to hold the plane till we get a slot. Now I didn't really know what does holding a plane means. I had never been in this situation before.

         Shortly after this announcement, I started feeling dizzy. I asked my mom to call the air hostess & ask her for an air sickness bag. She did so. & I just couldn't help myself. As soon as she came with the bag I threw up everything. I don't want to sound gross, but I threw up everything that was in my stomach. The air hostess pointed out of the window & said, 'the weather is going to get very bad, here are a few more air sickness bags & some after mint'. She then explained to me what should be done if I get more dizzy & said that the crew won't be able to reach to me because of the bad weather. I dumped my head into the air sickness bag. After about 10 minutes, our plane got stuck in a turbulence.

          OMG!! This was the first time I was having this kind of an experience. We were going up & down, the plane was shaking & we were having a feeling of riding a bike on a very bumpy road. Children crying, people screaming & I, busy throwing up. This continued till the plane landed safely, almost an hour late than the scheduled time. As we landed everyone applauded, that is when I looked out of the window & thought, 'Thank God'. I wasn't worried about the plane crashing or something like that you see. I was worried about my sickness. 

DELHI AIRPORT (IGI)
        But it was all over now, the plane was on the ground and everyone was smiling in relief. We then got off the plane did the check out & left for our hotel. But I was hungry, we all were hungry. So we decided to have dinner before we went to the hotel. Then we went to this hotel Hot Chimney, somewhere in Lodhi Colony. Now here in Maharashtra some dishes have a certain sweetish kind of a taste to them. Those are our favorites, so we ordered Paneer Butter Masala, one of the sweetish kind of dish. But, the taste of that dish wasn't at all like what we have been eating since our childhood. It was different. It was more like spicy & sour & the dry manchurian was six balls of manchurian on a bed of fried onions. That is when we knew that we aren't getting things that we have been eating since childhood here. But, we had to adjust & we were ready for it.

        So after a day full of travel & having dinner we headed straight to the hotel. We asked the driver if we could do the sight seeing tomorrow. He said he doesn't have any problem if the travel portal & the taxi owner agrees to it. We then reached the hotel, Hotel Rockland. The staff here very very alert and extremely co-operative and very quick in service. Upon reaching the hotel we called the portal, but didn't get any response. We then thought lets go to sleep now & try calling tomorrow in the morning. So we did that, we went to sleep. 

          After waking up and getting ready the next day, we went down to have breakfast, there we had a discussion that we'll directly ask the driver to take us for the sight seeing of those spots which were on our way. Then we had this lovely healthy continental breakfast & checked out of the hotel. Our driver said that the owner did not agree for the sightseeing. It takes almost 10 hours to travel to Shimla from Delhi & the road isn't very good & we also had a halt in between to see Pinjore Gardens, so the cab owner said no sightseeing in Delhi. But we requested the driver to show us things that were on the way. He somehow agreed to it. But he didn't stop anywhere. So Delhi was completely on the run. We saw everything from the moving car itself. We then left for Pinjore. But before that, we took a halt at 70 Mile Dhaba for our driver to have breakfast. Even we had lassi.

BREAKFAST +Hotel Rockland 
@70 MILE DHABA
             We then reached Pinjore, which was almost 3 hours before Shimla. We took a round in the Pinjore Gardens saw everything that was around & then had our lunch there. We then left for Shimla. Shimla was just 75 kms from Pinjore, but it took us about three and a half hours to reach there. All thanks to the hilly roads. We reached Shimla at around 9:30pm.



@PINJORE GARDENS 
         After this long tiring journey we didn't know that we will have to face what we did in Shimla.

         So this was the first part of our trip to Himachal. To know what problem we faced in Shimla, you'll have to keep some patience, because I'll tell about it and more in my next blog.

I also have uploaded a video log about our trip- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5VPx7jKfAs
Please make sure to watch that as well. & don't forget to hit that SUBSCRIBE button.

Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/travelwithtanvi
Twitter- https://twitter.com/travelwithtanvi










No comments:

Post a Comment