Featured post

Get To Know Singapore Better

     Hello peeps, I recently visited Singapore with my family. It is such a lovely place, but there are many things about Singapore that ...

Saturday 21 May 2016

A Vacation

We all need vacations. We all take vacations to relieve ourselves from the hectic schedules. My family is no exception. So we decided to take a vacation.

The first step was obviously planning. I being the one much interested in travelling was given the duty of searching a place. I started searching for places and stumbled upon a place called Purushwadi. Purushwadi is a small village in the Igatpuri district. What's special about this place you ask? This place experiences fireflies mating season. The male firefly blinks the light to attract the female and if the female is interested she'll blink back & this lightens up the whole place without any torch or street lights.

So now that the place was finalised it was time to search for a place to stay. Oh Purushwadi! This place being a small village doesn't have any hotels. However, a group of a few people have set up a camp like thing called Grassroutes. But Grassroutes is a bit to pricey for just two days. Now what? 'We should stay at some hotel in a nearby town', said my father. So Bhandardara it was. We'll reach Bhandardara in the afternoon spend the day there and in the evening go to Purushwadi to see the fireflies and return back to Bhandardara. Then again spend the next day in Bhandardara and then return home in the evening.

But this plan wasn't as smooth as it seems. My mother raised a point. Purushwadi is a village with no electricity, no shops nearby, so will travelling there at night be safe? Even if people from Grassroutes come there, they'll go back to their camps and we will have to travel alone which won't be safe. Then what? Cancel the holiday? No, no, no. As it is we were going to Bhandardara so lets keep the same place just cancel Purushwadi. Ok. But, Bhandardara will be to hot and if it hasn't rained there'll be nothing to see. Ok, lets finalise Igatpuri I said. so finally, everyone agreed for Igatpuri. Then I started looking up for hotels. I would everyday ask my parents should we book this hotel, should we book that one, but no answer from both of them.

No answer still. With just a week remaining I thought we aren't going anywhere now. & the next day my father says, lets go to Kashmir. 😕(what!) my reaction. Where did Kashmir come from? Its too hot here so lets go to Kashmir, said my father. So he started calling all these tours and travels, but, no. None of the tours were fitting in our available dates.

Then we looked upon on these travel sites, but none of them were in our budget. So, we have to go to a chilled out place so I suggested Himachal Pradesh. & since time was running out after having a few sleepless nights I searched for a plan which was according to our dates and a bit costly than our budget, but that was ok for my parents.

And finally, 5 days before our holidays or our available days we booked our trip. Lucky we were, to get everything as per our convinience. So finally we'll be leaving on Monday the 23rd, & I will be making a vlog as well. Please do watch my vlog! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment