Featured post

Get To Know Singapore Better

     Hello peeps, I recently visited Singapore with my family. It is such a lovely place, but there are many things about Singapore that ...

Monday 4 September 2017

Life Admist Nature.....Muredha Nala Park

"While the world wants to live in the lap of luxury, I find pleasure in the arms of nature"

I love to travel and explore, but my recent schedule was refraining me from doing so. But, whenever I find some free time, though not far away places, I go and explore the nooks or the unexplored places of my city. Recently I had some free time, also it had been long enough that I had been out to a place that I've never been before. So I thought of making the most use of my time. Now I generally like to search for places on google or visit places suggested by family or friends.

So I started going through the list of places to visit on google. But every time I saw a place in the list, I would be like, 'been here', 'too far', 'too crowded' or 'not interesting'. Now the list was slowly coming to an end & my level of anxiety had started to increase. Come on girl, there has to be at least one place that you can visit. Don't give up yet, and soon as I thought so, I read a name 'Muredha Nala Park'. At first I ignored it. I mean, come on, I ain't gonna visit a nala (drain), but when I couldn't find anything in the list of places to visit, I thought about giving it a shot. So I went to the review section and started reading the reviews and to my surprise all the reviews were good. Every review said that the place is good or its a must visit for nature lovers.

entrance to the park
So it was finalized that I will visit the Muredha Nala Park. So I turned on my GPS and left for the park. The timings of the park are 6AM to 10 AM and 4PM to 7PM. I left my house a bit early as I had no clue of the exact location. But since I was using GPS, I reached there before time. It was 3:40PM. I saw that the gate was open and there was no security. I went in, they have a parking facility, so I parked my bike there.

information board
logs like structure in the parking 
There was a bike in the parking and a bunch of people who seemed like a group of college going students. Now I have a habit to read the information board before I enter the venue. So that is what I did. It said that this place was a wasteland that has been converted into a nature filled landscape. While I was reading, I could hear the sound of water but couldn't really understand from where was it coming. As I set foot on the walking track, I noticed a stream flowing in between the two tracks that were opposite to each other. There were little causeways connecting the two tracks.

walking/jogging track
little causeways joining the tracks
It was a true treat to the eyes, but my mind was somewhere else, I still could hear the water and wanted to find out from where was that coming, because it surely wasn't this stream. So I started walking ahead and the sound of the water started to become more and more clear. I finally reached a spot where I felt that I am standing in the water, but couldn't see it. So I just turned to my right and then to my left and look, what do I see. A waterfall, it was a waterfall from where the sound was coming. I hadn't seen a waterfall for very long, so I was very excited to see one right in front of me. Though it wasn't a natural one, it was still a waterfall.

the waterfall
I went closer to it and guess what, there were benches to sit there with some lovely art carved on the walls. What more could I ask for? I immediately went and sat on one of those benches. I forgot to mention that apart from that group of friends in the parking, there was no one in the park. So basically, it was just me and nature. It felt so divine, I could stay there all my life admiring the waterfall. If you want to get your zen on, find peace of mind or simply want to de-stress, this is the perfect place. I spent a fair amount of time sitting there. But after a while, I guess the mosquitos started to dislike my presence. Yes, its a wasteland you see, you cannot expect that it'll be mosquito free. I buzzed the mosquitos off at first, but later it became really difficult. Now they had increased in number and were distracting me and I didn't want to get dengue, so I decided to get moving and explore the remaining park. So I took the track and started walking ahead.

carved art on the walls
So the park isn't too fancy, but it is definitely worth a visit. It has got two tracks on either sides with a stream flowing from between and lush green plants everywhere. Though not fancy, it was sure a treat for a nature lover like me. I went till the end and then from the causeway went to the opposite side track. There was a small play area for children on the other end. They also have toilet facilities, I cannot comment on the cleanliness as I didn't use it, but it was good that they at least have the facility.


There were many plants, I'm sure an expert can definitely distinguish between them. But for a nature lover like me, just looking at the green colour was a true treat to the eyes. There was even a broken tree house there and it is in middle of a military area, so its very peaceful.

tree house
Overall, I absolutely enjoyed my visit at Muredha Nala Park. The lush green carpet of plants, the water flowing between the tracks, the little causeways and the waterfall all reminded me of a fairyland. The only negative point is that there are many mosquitos there. As the day begins to fall the number of mosquitos increase. Other than that the place is a must visit. I've even read that in winter one can spot migratory birds. So I've already planned my next visit. I would recommend you'll to visit the park at least once.




Where: Muredha Nala Park General Thimayya Road, Camp, Pune
-A must visit for nature lovers
-Total time required: half an hour (until and unless you want to sit there and spend some quality time with yourself)

No comments:

Post a Comment