Featured post

Get To Know Singapore Better

     Hello peeps, I recently visited Singapore with my family. It is such a lovely place, but there are many things about Singapore that ...

Monday 11 September 2017

Would You Like To Have Some?

chocolate charcoal ice cream
Activated charcoal. Its in our face wash, its in our toothpaste, its in our shampoo, its almost everywhere. But what if I told you that activated charcoal is in an ice cream as well. Yes, you read that right, charcoal ice cream. So I recently came to know that an ice cream parlour in Pune makes ice cream using charcoal. Now we all have read that activated charcoal is good for our skin, teeth, hair, almost every part of our body. So when I read that there  is activated charcoal in an ice cream and that too in Pune, I had to try it.

So I made plans to go and have this charcoal ice cream. There are three outlets of this ice cream parlour, but I decided to go to the Viman nagar outlet (no particular reason). So I went there. I started going through the menu, but couldn't find charcoal anywhere, I hope I've not come to the wrong place, I thought. Then I hesitantly asked, "ummm, do you have some ice cream made from charcoal"?, "yes, chocolate charcoal ice cream" the guy behind the counter replied. "I'll have one" I said.

Then started the process of making the ice cream. Brownie crumble, nutella, oreo, chocolate cookie crumble and activated charcoal, everything on the pan. Then started the mixing process. Oh! By the way, I have uploaded a video of the process on my YouTube channel. You can watch it if you are interested. The link is given below. So coming back to the ice cream. After mixing all the ingredients together, it turned all black in colour. It was truly a black beauty. The guy started to roll the ice cream and stack the rolls in a black cone and I in my mind was like, 'oh give it to me already!'

Then he handed me the black beauty. *play angels singing in the background and a halo on the ice cream* I'm so weird, no? But I actually felt that way. Now it was time to dig right into the ice cream. I had one bite, and it was amazing. I absolutely loved it. Now I'm not sure how many of you will like or hate the taste of this ice cream, but I absolutely loved it. It tasted like charcoal and chocolate. Like duh! Were you expecting something else? I really enjoyed the earthy taste that came from the charcoal and chocolate is an all time favorite, so it was just wow for me.

I then asked the guys about the ice cream. I asked them what is the charcoal made of? And they told me that the ice cream contains real activated charcoal. I asked them about the process and the other stuff that they have there.

My lips had turnd black due to the charcoal in my ice cream and it took me about half an hour to finish the ice cream. I was so full that I didn't even have dinner that night. It was one of the best ice creams I've ever had. Not that I would share it with anyone, but as a formality, 'Would you like to have some?'

Watch the process of making the ice cream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU0aghl9Vv4&t=5s

No comments:

Post a Comment